5/21/06

finally here and a wee bit tired

"Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country." - Anais Nin

I read this quote in the journal I'm writing in and loved it. Pat and I have always dreamed of coming to London and now I'm typing this on a computer in a flat in Notting Hill! We are completely exhausted today even though we slept on the plane. Pat was brilliant with the tube and got us to our flat. We went and explored our area for a while in the pouring down rain. We briefly walked into Hyde Park and can't wait to see more of it.

The grocery store was our next stop. We just found a metro one and headed in to grab some things for our stay. It was swamped! And I was so excited to see that it had all kinds of organic food there. It's so hard to find at home without going to a specialty store so we were excited to see it all over this metro store. I wish Indy would catch onto this.

After that we dropped the groceries off and fought the urge to go to sleep. We headed back out into the weather and looked for someplace to have dinner. We came across a place that Pat had a recommendation for called Gourmet Burger Kitchen. Yes, we come over here and our first meal is burgers, but they weren't like our burgers. Lean meat and all kinds of yum sauces you could get on them. Of course, Pat's was plain but I had mine with garlic mayo and salsa. It was good!

When we walked out of dinner the sun was finally shining! We both just smiled and seemed to have a bigger step. We don't mind the rain, it was just fun to see the sun out!

We're taking it easy tonight to get adjusted to the time zone. Pat's been begging me to let him fall asleep so I think soon I will! :) It's supposed to down pour again tomorrow so we're thinking we'll hit the museum scene inside!

More tomorrow...