11/14/06

a big thank you

This weekend flew by so fast I don’t even know what to think about it! We had our baby shower on Saturday, which was just amazing. From everyone who pitched in to help my mom to all the gifts we were showered with for our little one, it was a wonderful day. It took three carloads to get everything from my parents’ house to our house. We quickly filled the nursery, which had just gotten a fresh coat of paint that looks great. Pictures to come soon!

It surprised me how it took me a whole day to recover from the shower. I was just completely exhausted! Guess you get worn out more when your pregnant…I seem to keep forgetting that.

I’ll load the shower pictures to Flickr when I get a chance at home. Thank you so much to all of you who made the shower so much fun and who blessed us with items to get ready for our little one. Pat stood in the room that night with all of our new stuff and just said, “This is overwhelming how kind and generous everyone has been.” I completely agree…thank you all!

On another note…we had our 28 ½ week appointment today. Baby’s heartbeat is just perfect and I’m measuring well too. The scale still freaks me out but I don’t think that will be changing anytime soon. I had to drink some lovely really sweet sugar substance for them to test for diabetes. Pat came with me and waited an hour before they could draw blood to test for it. I also had my Rhogam shot because of my blood type being A-. Not too big of a deal except I think all the sugar is making my tummy hurt. Hopefully that goes away!

I start going to the doctor every two weeks now. I still can’t believe that I’m at that point already. Where did the time go? Our doctor was very encouraging with supporting us with our natural birth decision (no drugs). We’re taking an extra class to learn how to cope better and for Pat to be a good coach…which I know he will be.

Stay tuned for pictures of the shower and the painted nursery soon.