12/13/06

their way or the highway

Last night we spent about 3 hours at the hospital in a class dedicated to breastfeeding. It was very informational but some of it I just kept thinking "Are you kidding me?" Pat summed it up best as we walked out saying "Well it's their way or the highway isn't it?"

My mom and others have warned me about the lacatation consulants and how tough they can be on new moms that they have new moms in tears sometimes. Not that the lady teaching didn't have good information and advice, but I can see how she'd be pretty pushy if you tried something different from what she was suggesting, etc.

So it was a good informational class and we did learn some things. However, if one of those ladies is pushy with me about things right after I have just been through labor, I might have to get Pat to ask her to leave the room! :)