4/25/07

sorry zane but your parents are dorks

Everyone has their dorky side. Some will admit to it and others hide it for closed doors. Pat and I have many dorky sides that frankly we don't keep behind closed doors. We leave them out in the open for everyone to see...that's what makes us us. One side some know of and others don't.

It all began on our honeymoon almost 5 years ago now. Pat had been reading these Harry Potter books and I kept making fun of him. I called him a dork and said that those were kids' books. So on our honeymoon after I finished the book I was reading I decided to see what all the buzz was about and picked up his Harry Potter book. I expected to read the first chapter and realize how stupid it was. Let's just say that I believe I finished the book in 2-3 days of beach/pool side reading and I was hooked and couldn't wait for the next book. Now when a new book comes out we get one copy and my mom gets another and I borrow her's and read it fast before Pat gets done. Which drives him crazy because then I quiz him about which part he's at and what he thinks, etc.

I have to admit that we even went out the night the last book came out and got it. We were sneaky and bought it at a grocery store instead of waiting in line at Barnes & Noble. Our friend Colleen shares in our dorkiness (hope she's okay with me outing her). We always go see the latest movie together and sit excited with all the kids dressed up like the movie characters. We not to the dork level that we participate in dressing up though. That's a bit too Star Wars for me.

So with all this dorkiness admitted, we are pumped about this summer's movie and new book! If you think all this Harry Potter stuff it a bunch of "dork," just pick up the book and read. J.K. Rowling is a genius writer. To be able to come up with all these story lines and this world and to make it exciting. She's very creative to say the least and so detailed.

For those of you fellow dorks...here's a very cool sneak peak at the movie. We'll see you all there preview night!

Movie Preview