10/16/07

the yuck substance

On Thursday I left work after not feeling so well. My stomach hurt and my normally trusty Sprite didn’t even seem to cure it. I headed home to get some rest in hopes I’d feel better to meet a friend for dinner. I got about 15 minutes from home and IT happened.

I’m driving in the center lane, have a sudden urge that my stomach is going to unload and notice that I’m surrounded on each side by cars. No chance to maneuver to the side of the road to get sick because it was coming RIGHT THEN!

The result you ask? Yuck in my lap! Three times worth of nastiness! Who knows what the people driving by thought and who knows how in the world I did not slam into the car in front of me. I don’t cry a lot but instantly started crying with the site and smell of my least favorite substance in the entire world!!!

I called my mom and told her I needed her to meet me out in her drive with some towels and clean up materials. There was no way I was going to make it by pulling over at a gas station and cleaning up.

My mom was wonderful and helped get everything cleaned up. After getting up I realized how bad the damage was to my pants, my hair and basically everything. It soaked through my pants to my underwear! And of course I was wearing my only pair of dry-clean-only pants, which the die came right out of. I jumped in my parents’ shower and threw on some of my mom’s clothes as she cleaned up the car mess.

I told her she didn’t need to do this but she wanted to help. I was able to rest a bit (including taking a nap on the couch with Zane) and have some crackers.

I realized that I need to be more accepting of this substance because even when Zane has graduated COLLEGE and is older, there might be a chance I’ll have to still clean some of it up.

Thanks mom.