4/22/08

are girls different?




I've been thinking a lot of what it would be like to have a little girl. It's probably with the arrival of Beth and Brandon's girl that's got me thinking. We also were at a wedding this weekend and during the father-of-the-bride speech he noted there is a vast difference between boys and girls. He said boys are off and running and girls turn around to look for Daddy's approval and then run and that they're more gentle.

I don't really know if this is true, and hopefully one day I will be able to find out, but I am realizing how into everything Zane is and how he could care less if it's possibly going to harm him (i.e. the photo above!). That would've been nice shoved down his throat when he fell!

We've had blood pouring out of his mouth numerous times from slamming a sippy cup in his mouth when he fell, smacking his mouth on the coffee table, slipping in the tub when I told him to please sit his butt down in the tub! and then today from falling on an open filing cabinet drawer. Really how does that happen?

Now this may all be resulting from my blood line of klutziness but really, do girls do this stuff too? I'm sure it's just a toddler thing or I have a child who enjoys bleeding from the mouth!!! And why do mouths have to bleed so much? It could be the smallest cut and it gushes!


We'll keep our fingers crossed that we stay away from the ER as long as possible! In the meantime I'll just hope that Zane's swollen lip goes down!