3/21/07

working mom




Today was my first day back at work. I have such mixed feelings about it. I'm excited to get back to work and to the challenges that come with that everyday. Weird how you actually miss that once you've been away for awhile. But I'm not excited about not being with Zane. He's so animated now! Just saying hi gets a huge grin from him! I'm afraid that I won't know all of his little quarks or fully understand his routine like I do now. I'll miss the moments of just holding him close before I lay him down for a nap. I know he's in good hands while I'm at work so I have no fears with that whatsoever.

I have the personality that I truly do think I'll be a better mom by going back to work. I heard Pat's mom say this once and it made me feel better because she is a great mom. I'll be able to provide Zane with a better energized mom because of the challenges I've faced that day. And I'll still have my Fridays to spend with him. I'm very lucky to have a company that is supportive of my family/work combination.

We'll see how tired I am once a couple of work days have passed. Of course Zane choose to wake up at 3:30 am today instead of sleeping till 5 or 6 like he has been. He knew his mom was going back to work!

I guess I now I have the label of "working mom." That's still so strange to me...I'm a mom. I have a little one that needs me and his dad.