10/30/07

five things

I was tagged for this awhile ago. I promise to get to all of your tags eventually...

5 Things I was doing 10 years ago:

That would put me as a Junior in high school...

1. I purchased my first car on my own, a 98 Buick Regency in which the ceiling fabric was being held up by tacks. For $500 you can’t beat being able to seat 4 people in the front and about 6 in the back…let’s not count the seatbelt thing.

2. I was asked to the prom by a friend and told him if he wanted to go with someone he liked to just let me know. He let me know a week before…no prom for me.

3. I was working at a basketball academy helping with everything from concessions to cleaning things up. It really was a fun job to see everyone from little kids to adults to the Pacers enjoying the sport.

4. Started to think about where I wanted to go to school. I decided to get applications from EVERY college/university I was even slightly interested in. What was I thinking?

5. Hit a brick wall with my parents’ car (pre $500 car purchase). Yes a brick wall! It was one of those neighborhood entrances that really no one should hit, but I did. Thank heavens everyone was safe…but I did some serious damage to the car.

5 Things on my To-Do List Today:

1. Get some of the RED off my to-do list at work.

2. Call Jenni back – sorry! I’m so bad at calling back right now!

3. Figure out if I’m supposed to take dessert to a friend’s house tonight.

4. Do some late-night laundry so Pat and I have clothes to wear…more importantly so Pat has clean boxers!

5. Hmmm…I’m sure there’s a fifth but everything I think of I know there’s no way it’ll get done today!

5 Snacks I enjoy:

1. Popcorn

2. Pretzels (secret weird fact about me – I don’t chew up pretzels. Instead I suck the salt off and swallow small bites. This causes me to choke a lot!)

3. Apples with caramel dip…although I try not to eat this too much.

4. Bananas

5. Chocolate covered raisins.

5 Things I would Do if I were a Billionaire:

1. Build our small dream home.

2. Pay off all debts…stupid school loan! And pay off family member things. Save for children’s college.

3. TRAVEL!

4. TRAVEL!

5. TRAVEL!

5 of my Bad Habits:

1. Cracking my knuckles.

2. Having Pat hit the snooze button a lot.

3. Eating cookies when they’re available at work…even though I don’t need one!

4. Having my husband iron my clothes because I just put more wrinkles in them!

5. Being overly organized…some may think this is good, but I think it drives Pat insane sometimes.

5 Things I will Never Wear Again:

1. Vests. Yes I’m aware they’re coming back in style, sorry already did one version of them.

2. Leg warmers.

3. Puffy paint decorated sweatshirts.

4. Scrunchies.

5. A dress that was supposed to be a costume…worn on my first date with Pat!

5 Favorite Toys:

1. Lincoln Logs are so cool! Need to get some for Zane eventually.

2. I’ll call the computer a toy I guess.

3. The sound of our dog’s “crazy ball” as he runs with it and pushes it around.

4. Just plain old blocks for stacking.

5. Legos…can’t wait to build towers with Zane one day.