2/9/08

all wiped out

We're all are recovering from two wonderful, low key birthday dinners for Zane. Pat's passed out on the couch and I'm working on photos, both for us and clients.

With two birthday dinners you think we would've remembered to light a candle and sing happy birthday. Or not! After Pat's family left this evening it hit me that we completely forgot to sing to him and put the candle on the cupcake! I was in tears. I know, it's really not that big of a deal and he won't remember, but I felt like the worst mom ever. My family and Pat and I sang to him with me in tears. My mom offered to go put a candle in one of the cupcakes but I told her it wasn't that big of a deal. I'm not sure why in the world it made me cry to tell you the truth. I don't know if I'm still in shock that my little guy is one or if everything I've been stressed about is causing me to cry like that, which is so not typical of me.


Even without the candle and singing we had so much fun watching Zane try out his first run with sugar. And so far he's sleeping. Here's a peak at the cupcakes. You can see a couple more photos here. Promise to get more up soon!