4/5/08

to write love on her arms

My brother, Spencer, got me a T-shirt for my birthday from this movement. He thought I would really like what they are doing and after checking out he couldn't be more right.

Working with high school students has opened my eyes to all that they face, struggle with and that the majority of adults write off as them being teens. We tend to look back on our teenage years and realize that so much of it was a struggle and that everyone gets "that way." But some face it at a deeper level, and we need to pay attention. I had a friend commit suicide in high school and that made me aware to never ignore any kind of depression and to instead respond in love, sometimes a difficult love, that will help the person. If you get a chance check out more on the movement
here.